Accelerate spending and saving by adding a Select Savings Account to your Fire Affinity Bonus Checking Account.
Fire Bonus Checking Account
You spend. We give. Firefighters win.
A percentage of all net merchant fees are donated back to the NC Fire Service.
Spend to support essential Fire Service
Through our partnership with the North Carolina State Firefighters' Association (NCSFA), each time you use your NCSFA debit card, Civic donates 50% of its share of net merchant fees directly to programs sponsored by NCSFA. This donation helps pay for firefighter training, health insurance, disability income and more.
Maximize your impact for others and simplify your finances. Your monthly spending can unlock 1% dividends* and you get direct deposits^ up to 3 days earlier. Plus, access ATMs anywhere.#
Use the Civic app or online banking to track your spending and make informed financial choices with financial wellness tools.
Get started earning
- Open a Fire Affinity Bonus Checking Account with $5
- Earn 1% dividends with 20 debit card purchases*
- Get a personal fire affinity debit card to showcase your commitment to the Fire Service
Accelerate your money
- Receive direct deposits^ up to 3 days earlier
- Real-time spending, account alerts,† and financial wellness tips
- Automatic donations to NCSFA with each use of the fire affinity debit card
- Support N.C. Fire and EMS with every purchase
- Deposit checks with a photo using the mobile† app
- Use ATMs worldwide with no fees#
Civic Select Savings Account
Stash your cash, reach your goals
- High dividend yields
- Goal tracking
- Overdraft transfers
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
* 1.01% APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Applies to member accounts incurring 20 debit card purchases per month, excluding ATM withdrawals and automatic account drafts. Purchases and/or transactions may take up to two business days from transaction date to post to the account. Upon qualifying, the 1.01% APY dividend will be applied to your average daily account balance during the following month up to $10,000. Balances in excess of $10,000 will earn dividends at the current available rate. Minimum opening deposit for the Civic Bonus Checking Account is $5. For members making less than 20 qualified purchases per month, dividend rate is 0.15%.
^ Early access to direct deposit funds depends on timing of payer's submission of deposits. We generally post such deposits on the day they are received which may be up to 3 days earlier than the payer's scheduled payment date.
# Fees applicable to any ATM network will be charged to member account and reimbursed to the same account by Civic, typically within two business days.
† Standard message and data rates apply. Please check with your carrier for details.