Save on your terms, accelerate your goals
However you look at it, your goals have a savings match. You may be starting to save or preparing for multiple savings goals at the same time. Saving, earning, and growing your money are essential to financial success.
Bottom line: where you put your money matters. At Civic, we give you multiple options to maximize growth. Savings accounts have come a long way.
Find your matches to save, earn, and grow your money.
Starting to save
The Select Savings Account is a savings engine. It gives you access to your money at any time and helps you stay on track with optional goal tracking features.
- Doubles as an emergency fund
- No early withdrawal fees or transfer limits
- Use as an overdraft transfer option*
- Open your initial account with a $1 deposit^
The best of both worlds
The Money Market Account provides the benefits of a savings account with the added flexibility of writing checks with no fees. This account allows you to save and spend.
- Flexible access to money with checks
- No transfer limits or penalties
- Minimum balance of $500 required to earn monthly dividends#
- Requires an initial deposit of $500 to open
Set it and forget it
The Choice Certificate Account is used to save for a specific goal further down the road. Earn maximum dividends and select your certificate terms, between 1 and 5 years.
- Customize your maturity date and how dividends are paid
- Early withdrawal penalties apply†
- Requires a minimum deposit of $500 to open
(If you need access to your funds, consider a Money Market Account)
Mix and match to save
Our savings options were designed to work together. This type of savings approach gives you flexible choices to help establish a nest egg with options to save, earn, and grow. All accounts are insured up to NCUA maximums.
We believe that questions help to clarify decisions. Feel free to contact us for help on which savings options could work best for you.
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
* Overdraft Transfer Service is available from a Checking, Savings or Money Market accounts with no minimum increments or transfer fees. Members may also apply for an overdraft line of credit from which transfers are made in increments of $50 up to available limits.
^ Minimum opening requirement is $1 for the first Civic Select Savings account. For all additional Select Savings accounts added, the minimum opening deposit is $20.
# Minimum opening balance is $500. APY of 1.11% applies to minimum balance of $500. For balances below $500, APY is 0.00%. Dividends are compounded daily and paid monthly.
† Minimum opening deposit is $500. Civic Choice Certificates are fixed-rate accounts. Dividends are compounded monthly and paid monthly. Dividends may be disbursed at maturity monthly or rolled back into the certificate account. Funds may be used as collateral for lending. Rates for new CCCs are subject to change daily at the discretion of the Board of Directors.