Access advanced funds faster from your Home Equity Line of Credit by connecting it to your Bonus Checking Account.
Home Equity Line of Credit
Put your home to work.
Tap into your home equity to help pay for a range of large expenses. With loan amounts available from $5,000 - $250,000, you can pay for home improvement projects, consolidate debt, or use the money for other personal expenses. Your dedicated team of Civic HELOC specialists will take care of everything from scheduling appraisals to providing an attorney and setting a remote closing date. And the new interest-only payment option gives you more flexibility to access larger amounts with lower payments.
Simply apply and we’ll take care of the rest.
Confirm your property qualifies
- Property must be located in NC, SC, VA or GA#
- Property must be primary or secondary residence (no income-producing properties)
- Loan-To-Value (LTV) up to 90%Δ
Move forward with flexibility
- Traditional HELOC: payments are 1% of the outstanding loan balance, plus interest*
- Interest-only HELOC: payments are the interest of the drawn amount*
- Duration: all loans have a 15-year draw period and a 10-year amortization schedule after the draw period^
- Advances: get money anytime in mobile‡ or online banking
Keep more of your money
- No annual fees
- No minimum transfer requirements
- No prepayment penalties
- Available to be used as overdraft protection~
- Scheduling options for appraisal and remote closing
- Quick closing and disbursement
Home Equity Calculator
*The Home Equity Loan Calculator is provided for informational purposes only. All loans are subject to approval. Final finance amount may be different.
Access your equity.
Home Equity Lines of Credit can be a great option for managing large purchases and even paying down debt. With loan amounts ranging from $5,000 - $250,000, use the calculator to determine how much equity could be available to you.
Up to $250,000 for qualified borrowers
Rates as low as 6.25% APR*
15 year draw period
HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT
|HELOC Type||LOAN TO VALUE||APR|
|Traditional||Up to 90% LTV||As low as 6.25%|
|Interest-only||Up to 90% LTV||As low as 6.75%|
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The APR for a Traditional or Interest-Only Civic Federal Credit Union Home Equity Line of Credit is variable during the draw period and based on Prime Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal, ten days before the end of the prior month (called the “Index”), plus a margin. The margin starts at 1% APR. Your margin will be determined by several factors including but not limited to your credit qualifications, combined loan-to-value and loan amount. The maximum APR for a home equity line of credit is 18%. Rates are subject to change daily. Civic membership must be established prior to scheduled closing. No purchase money seconds. Adequate, property and flood insurance are required for the life of the loan. The minimum loan amount for a Home Equity Line of Credit is $5,000. If your loan requires an appraisal, title insurance, or attorney fees, they must be paid at the borrower’s expense. Fees range from $700 to $4,000. Traditional Home Equity Line of Credit payment example: $80,000 at 6.25% APR; estimated monthly payments of $1,216.67. Interest-Only payment example: $80,000 at 6.75% APR; estimated monthly payments of $443.84.
^ Members may borrow against their available credit line for a period of 15 years, after which, principle and interest payments will be required until the loan is paid in full.
# Property must be located in NC, SC, GA, or VA. Home equity lines of credit are not available for manufactured homes or investment properties.
Δ Subject to approval. All applicants must meet underwriting criteria. Loan or line amount may be up to 90% less the amount owed on outstanding mortgages, if any.
‡ Standard message and data rates apply. Please check with your carrier for details.
~ Overdraft Transfer Service is available from a Checking, Savings, or Money Market account with no minimum increments or transfer fees. Members may also apply for an overdraft Line of Credit from which transfers are made in increments of $50 up to available limits.