Accelerate your spending and saving by adding a Select Savings Account to your Bonus Checking Account.
Fire Debit Card
Live your appreciation of the local NC Fire Service.
Spend to support essential Fire Service
The Civic Bonus Checking Account maximizes your impact for others and simplifies your finances. And our optional Fire debit card gives you an additional and separate way to help Civic give funding to the NC State Firefighters' Association (NCSFA).
The Bonus Checking Account provides all the financial wellness tools you need with our app and online banking. And you can earn 1.00% dividends* on your Bonus Checking average daily account balance.
As an additional option, when you select to add the Fire debit card to your account, you help Civic donate funds to help support critical NCSFA programs. Each time you use the Fire debit card, Civic donates 50% of its share of net merchant fees directly to programs sponsored by NCSFA. That means you help Civic donate funds that help pay for firefighter training, health insurance, disability income, and more.
Get started earning
- Open a Bonus Checking Account with $5
- Select the Fire debit card to showcase your commitment to the Fire Service
- Earn 1.00% dividends with 20 debit card purchases*
Accelerate your money
- Receive direct deposits^ up to 3 days earlier
- Real-time spending, account alerts,† and financial wellness tips
- Automatic donations to NCSFA with each use of the Fire debit card
- Deposit checks with a photo using the mobile† app
- Use ATMs worldwide with no fees#
Help Civic raise funds for the NC Fire Service by selecting the Fire debit card
Civic Select Savings Account
Stash your cash, reach your goals
- High dividend yields
- Goal tracking
- Overdraft transfers
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
* 1.01% APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Applies to member accounts incurring 20 debit card purchases per month, excluding ATM withdrawals and automatic account drafts. Purchases and/or transactions may take up to two business days from transaction date to post to the account. Upon qualifying, the 1.01% dividend will be applied to your average daily account balance during the following month up to $10,000. Balances in excess of $10,000 will earn dividends at the current available rate. Minimum opening deposit for the Civic Bonus Checking Account is $5. For members making less than 20 qualified purchases per month, dividend rate is 0.15%.
^ Early access to direct deposit funds depends on timing of payer's submission of deposits. We generally post such deposits on the day they are received which may be up to 3 days earlier than the payer's scheduled payment date.
# Fees applicable to any ATM network will be charged to member account and reimbursed to the same account by Civic, typically within two business days.
† Standard message and data rates apply.