A home of your own starts with Civic
A Civic Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM) is a home loan that adjusts your rate after a period of either 5 or 10 years, depending on which ARM you choose.
Lower payments when you’re ready to buy
An ARM is a great way for you to start out with more homebuying power when you’re looking for a home. Typically, ARM mortgage rates help you get more home for your money. If you’re rate shopping to find the best ARM rates, include Civic's rate in your comparisons.
- Must be a Civic member to apply. Join today.
- 5/1 ARM loans: a fixed rate for 62 months, a rate adjustment, and then rate changes annually until paid off.
- 10/1 ARM loans: a fixed rate for ten years, a rate adjustment, and then changes annually until paid off.
- 30-year repayment schedule (known as an amortization schedule)
- Your interest rate, and monthly principal and interest payments, remain the same for an initial period of 5 or 10 years, then adjust periodically.
- Interest rate caps limit how high your interest rate can go over the life of the loan.
- No early pay-off penalty
- Typically, ARMs have a lower initial interest rate than a fixed-rate mortgage.
- Be in control of your future with flexible options
Special Mortgage Programs
Whether you qualify for a grant or a tax credit, we'll add value to your home ownership experience by keeping it affordable.
First-Time Homebuyer Program
For help with a down payment on an Adjustable-Rate Mortgage, or closing costs, the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (FHLBA) First-time Homebuyer Program has got you covered. Find out more about the program. (And by the way, congrats!)
Community Partners Product
FHLBA’s Community Partners Product helps with home purchase assistance for essential workers and other qualified members, whether you’ve owned a home before or not. Click here to learn more.
Visit the Mortgage Center
We've partnered with the Credit Union Mortgage Association (CUMA) for a streamlined homebuying process. Apply online through the Mortgage Center and a CUMA agent will reach out to you to talk next steps to prequalification.
For the best member experience, use the Mortgage Center with a computer.
All mortgage loans are subject to approval and to credit union underwriting standards. Loan product, availability and terms are subject to change.