First-Time Homebuyer Loan
Here’s where your homeowner dreams begin
Maybe you want to own a piece of your hometown, or move from the mountains to the coast. Either way, homeownership strengthens your community connection and gives you more financial advantages than renting.
Guiding you every step of the way
Buying a home can be exciting — and confusing. That’s why we’ll be there to support you during your homebuying journey, especially if this is your first home. Our First-Time Homebuyer Loan combines special financing and terms with flexible options.
This loan also gives you access to other home financing programs that keep your upfront costs more affordable.
You’re here. Now let’s make your dream a reality.
- Must be a Civic member to apply. Join today.
- Applicant must never have owned a home or owned one in the past three years
- Choose from either an Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) or a fixed-rate mortgage
- With an ARM loan, you'll have a fixed rate for a set amount of time, and then annual rate adjustments until the loan is paid off
- With a Fixed-Rate loan, you'll have a predictable rate throughout your term
- No PMI required if down payment exceeds 20%
- No down payment required
- For buying primary residence only
- Up to 97% financing available and no early pay-off penalty
- Closing costs and any down payment may come from gift or grant funds, including gifts of equity between family members
- Be in control of your future with flexible options
- Enjoy step-by-step support from dedicated professional lenders
Special Mortgage Programs
Whether you qualify for a grant or a tax credit, we'll add value to your home ownership experience by keeping it affordable.
First-Time Homebuyer Program
For help with a down payment on an Adjustable-Rate Mortgage, or closing costs, the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (FHLBA) First-time Homebuyer Program has got you covered. Find out more about the program. (And by the way, congrats!)
Community Partners Product
FHLBA’s Community Partners Product helps with home purchase assistance for essential workers and other qualified members, whether you’ve owned a home before or not.
Visit the Mortgage Center
We've partnered with the Credit Union Mortgage Association (CUMA) for a streamlined homebuying process. Apply online through the Mortgage Center and a CUMA agent will reach out to you to talk next steps to prequalification.
For the best member experience, use the Mortgage Center with a computer.
All mortgage loans are subject to approval and to credit union underwriting standards. Loan product, availability and terms are subject to change.